This was an experimental dish that turned out quite well. It’s easy because I’m the queen of shortcuts, but it still takes some time. If you’re more inclined, trip it to the fish and farmers’ markets, but I found this to work out deliciously.
Click below for recipe…(Serves 8)
1 package frozen pepper strips (16 oz)
1 package sweet Italian sausage links (16 oz)
1 package Trader Joe’s seafood blend (roughly 16 oz total of baby scallops, shrimp, calamari)—but substitute here according to your preferences.
1 box of brown rice (14 oz.)
1 T of Old Bay seasoning
1/4 cup Peter Luger’s Original Steak Sauce
seasoned salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute sausages in a cooking-sprayed non-stick skillet on medium heat
2. After the sausages are about five minutes in, saute frozen pepper strips and seafood in a separate skillet (low-med heat)
3. In the meantime, cook rice according to package instructions
4. Remove the seafood and peppers from heat when they look almost done.
5.Once the sausages are about done, remove from heat and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
6. Add sausage, peppers, seafood, and strained rice to one large (sprayed, non-stick) skillet. Add Old Bay spice, Peter Luger’s sauce, seasoned salt and pepper. Mix everything together with a wooden spoon and cook on medium high heat for about 7 minutes (or until cooked through), stirring occasionally and adjusting seasonings to your preferred taste.