1. A year later, he still calls every day, treats me like a lady, and fixes/helps with every little thing around my house (the “man jobs”). He even figured out a way to rebuild my vintage glitter wallet with a cereal box. Mad skills.
2. His laugh. He makes me laugh a lot, but when he laughs at something not funny, I can’t help myself because I love his outrageous laugh so much. Laughter is one of the best things in life.
3. He works 7 days a week but still manages to find time for his friends, family, hockey league and me. Impressive.
4. He thinks that my authentic self is totally rad and has never judged me or tried to change me. I love that I can be completely honest. Not having to hold back is so refreshing.
5. He’s super attentive, down to remembering almost everything I’ve ever said. Although this can be scary, it’s great to be reminded about things I’ve forgotten and also attests to his superior listening skills and memory—very rare for a man to pay that much attention to what his girlfriend says. (This goes out the window though when a sports game is on, he’s playing with his phone, or one of his BFFs is around…fair enough).
6. His hands are amazing, and everything he does with them is, too. So is his Spanish skin. This is not about sex (if I started bragging about that…just TMI); it’s about how one of his hugs can make every little stress go away.
7. He’s my best friend. I can count on him. Reliability is lost commodity these days.
8. In stressful situations, he remains calm. On the few occasions that he is the stressed one, I’m surprisingly calm. It’s like we naturally balance each other out.
9. He likes to brush my hair and dote on me. He has no problem with my glitter getting all over him. I’m pretty sure he’s not gay…just comfortable in his masculinity.
10. He rarely complains when I drag him on a mission. Many times I’ve made him walk for miles on end to explore things because I’m curious and get sidetracked…and he’s probably thinking “What are we doing and why? How much longer?” but after the fact always says “I love walking with you” or “That was cool.”
11. Every game we play as a team, he has no problem carrying us to a win. (I contribute very little; he makes up for that and always says I played really well when I’m totes the weakest link). When I beat him in mini golf (and it was an honest win), he posted the photo of the scorecard on fb. Bragging about his one defeat=awesome.
12. He loves his family and talks about them constantly. Same with his friends. He is proud of his inner circle, boasts about their current stories and accomplishments, and is fiercely loyal to the people he surrounds himself with.
I could go on and on, but I’ll keep this gushing at a neat number of 12.
Happy 1 Year Anniversary JoeLover!