Pasta three ways. This is a three-course meal that celebrates all of the colors of the Italian flag. Each plate is a shared plate for two people.
Appetizer: Fried Ravioli with Spicy Fra Diavlo dipping sauce
Course 1: Farfalle with Peas & Bacon in Tomato Alfredo sauce
Course 2: Orzo with Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions
Please click below for the recipes:
Fried Ravioli with Spicy Fra Diavlo dipping sauce
8 oz. of round ravioli
2 T olive oil
2 cups Fra Diavlo sauce
1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat for 10 seconds
2. Immediately add ravioli and cook in oil for 1 minute; 30 seconds per side
3. Remove from heat and place on a plate to let cool while you…
4. Heat the Fra Diavlo sauce with Sriracha in a saucepan (approx. 1 minute)
5. Serve dipping sauce on the side of the ravioli, as shown
Farfalle with Peas & Bacon in Tomato-Alfredo sauce
6 oz. Farfalle pasta (half a box)
4 slices bacon
3 oz. peas
2 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. Alfredo sauce
1. Cook the bacon in a skillet according to package instructions.
2. Once done, set aside. In the same skillet (keeping the bacon grease in), cook the peas according to package instructions.
3. Meanwhile, fill a saucepan with water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil.
4. Add farfalle to water, reduce to medium heat, and cook roughly 7 minutes.
5. Drain in a collander and add sauces to same saucepan. Add pasta to the sauce, heat on low heat until sauce is heated through, roughly 1 minute. Serve.
Orzo with Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions
4 sweet Italian sausage links
10 oz. orzo pasta
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 white or yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup either duck sauce or Peter Luger’s steak sauce
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1. Cook sausage in a sprayed skillet on medium heat until cooked through (about 10 minutes) turning every two minutes.
2. Meanwhile, saute onions and peppers in another skillet.
3. At the same time, boil a saucepan of water and cook orzo according to package instructions.
4. Slice cooked sausage into bite-size pieces, and add it and the orzo to the onion and pepper skillet once all are done. (No heat).
5. Add all seasonings and sauces to the skillet, mix together well, and then cook on low heat until flavors blend, about two minutes. Serve.