This is the perfect dessert or morning meal complement: Sweet, citrus, and charcoal all wrapped into one. (Serves 4; only 2 servings pictured.)
2 large ruby red grapefruit
2 T apricot preserves
1 T cinnamon/sugar mix (optional)
1. Preheat broiler oven to high.
2. Slice each grapefruit in half and slice a bit off the bottom so it can stand upright. Place on an aluminum-covered broiling pan.
3. Divide the sections of the grapefruit halves and the outer-perimeter using a knife.
4. Gently ease the apricot preserves into the pockets using a teaspoon, dividing evenly amongst each half.
5. Broil for 8 minutes. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix and let cool a few minutes before serving.